General HADROSAUR Information
Figure 1 (right)
- The term hadrosaur was derived from the Greek roots meaning "heavy lizard".
- They are popularly called "duck-billed dinosaurs".
- By dinosaurian standards, most hadrosaurs were about twenty-five feet (8m) long which is about the size of an Indian elephant.
- They were members of the Onithopoda.
- Close relatives and possibly descendents of the earlier iguandontid dinosaurs.
- Ornithopoda are a group of medium to large plant-eating dinosaurs.
- Ornithopods are one of three major groups of Ornithischian or "bird-hipped" dinosaurs.
Did you know...