- Basinger, J.F. 1987. Our "Tropical" Arctic. Canadian Geographic 116(6):28-37.
- Christie R.L. and McMillan N.J. (eds). 1991. Tertiary Fossil Forests of the Geodetic Hills Axel Heiberg Island, Arctic Archipelago; Geological Survey of Canada, Bulletin 403, 227p.
- Francis, J.E. and McMillian, N.J. 1987. Fossil Forests in the Far North. GEOS 16(1):6-9
- McDonald, J. 1992. Palynology of the Triporate Pollen and Paleoecology of the Tertiary Fossil Forests of Eastern Axel Heiberg Island, N.W.T., Canada. MSc Thesis, Carleton University. 185p.
- Prothero, D.R. 1994. The Eocene-Oligocene Transition: Paradise Lost, Columbia University Press, N.Y. 291p.
This "exhibit" has been prepared by Norah Brown for Tim Patterson's third year paleoecology course at Carleton University. Thanks to Andrew Dalby, Dan Marshall and Steph McCarthy for technical support
Back to Map Page